Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back...with Nutella Cupcakes





Wow the summer really flew by didn't it?! I can't believe it's back to school time already, I feel so sorry for the poor kids having to get back in to their uniforms. 

I am glad its September now though, its the kinda month that makes you want to get organised! I mentioned in my last post (way back in early summer-oops!) that I was afraid my laptop was gonna explode - well it almost did! I got some scary warnings about it being too full to work. So rather than actually deal with it I just shut it down and pretty much left it switched off for the last couple of months. And I actually didn't really miss it that much. I checked my emails and read blogs on my phone and then after being in work on a computer all day I didn't have the slightest urge to try and turn it on.  But, with it being September and all,  I finally decided I should sort it out, especially  since I'll be back studying soon and could do with a computer. So I got my husband to magically make some space. He took all my thousands of photos off and now I've an empty computer that no longer gives explosive warnings! So I'm finally back in action and ready to fill it up with more photos of cakes!






Speaking of cakes, a couple of weekends ago I decided I needed to make some, so I had a little tea party with all my girly cousins. There are a lot of us and we all live close by (except two of the girls who aren't in the country!) so they all came over and we had cake and talked and had more cake. I made Nutella cupcakes for the occasion. It was my first time trying the recipe and they turned out quite nice but just not as amazing as I thought they would be. I'm not really sure why, maybe my expectations were too high, I do love Nutella!  Anyway I got the recipe from the Primrose Bakery book in case you are interested and the recipe is in the photo below! My little sis made scones for the tea party - she's so cute - I'll have to get the recipe and post it soon. They were yum!

Anyway here is how the Nutella cupcakes turned out...


That's the recipe above, if I thought it was really amazing I'd type it out, but it's not!





I did like the idea of adding the Nutella into the mix!


And I liked how they turned out! 


But the frosting didn't turn out that fabulous!


It was a nice excuse  occasion to have some tea and cake though! 

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! Great to see you back. Shame the cupcakes didn't live up to your expectations but they do look lovely. Have you tried the nutella cupcakes from the first Hummingbird Bakery book? I HIGHLY recommend them.

    Love the teacup and saucer in the first picture too.

    ReplyDelete