After making Auntie Mary's bean stew a while back, I decided I needed to pay my lovely aunt a visit. So a few weeks ago, on a lovely sunny day I headed off to see her. I think I mentioned before that I love going to visit Mary, because I get to see her (obviously) and also get to eat her delicious food. And on this occasion I also came armed with my recipe folder and a shiny new pen to steal some of her knowledge and recipes! Anyway, I had the best day ever. I got to sit around eating, chatting, and admiring Mary's library of cookbooks. I also got to meet her new Kitchen Aid - OMG I love it! And I want one! It's just so beautiful!
So, I now have lots of lovely recipes that I might think about sharing! But in the mean time I'll let you in on a delicious combination of stuff that makes a very tasty vegetable wrap! Mary had these ready for me when I arrived (she's the best!!) and I knew straight away I'd make them again myself. So, I did and they turned out really nice! I love new sandwich ideas! If you have any please let me know!
Here's how to make Mary's lovely wrap....
- Tortilla wraps
- Courgettes (Halved then cut into long slices)
- Red onion (Sliced thinly/chopped up)
- Roasted mixed peppers in oil (You can buy these in a jar - drain the oil before you eat them!)
- Roasted pine nuts and/or pumpkin seeds
- Baby spinach
- Heat the wraps in microwave or oven
- Roast the pine nuts / pumpkin seeds on a dry pan
- Brush the courgettes with rapeseed oil and cook on a grilling pan
- Spread humous on the wrap
- Then layer with the other fillings
And that's it, easy enough isn't it?! I was so excited when I came home after my visit, thinking which of the recipes I might try first, and filing them all away. I even got my hands on Mary's enchilada recipe that I've been after for years! Score!
Thanks Mary! Xx