Monday, April 16, 2012

Auntie Mary's Vegetable Wraps



After making Auntie Mary's bean stew a while back, I decided I needed to pay my lovely aunt a visit. So a few weeks ago, on a lovely sunny day I headed off to see her. I think I mentioned before that I love going to visit Mary, because I get to see her (obviously) and also get to eat her delicious food.  And on this occasion I also came armed with my recipe folder and a shiny new pen to steal some of her knowledge and recipes! Anyway, I had the best day ever. I got to sit around eating, chatting, and admiring Mary's library of cookbooks. I also got to meet her new Kitchen Aid - OMG I love it! And I want one! It's just so  beautiful! 

So, I now have lots of lovely recipes that I might think about sharing! But in the mean time I'll let you in on a delicious combination of stuff that makes a very tasty vegetable wrap! Mary had these ready for me when I arrived (she's the best!!) and I knew straight away I'd make them again myself. So, I did and they turned out really nice! I love new sandwich ideas! If you have any please let me know!

Here's how to make Mary's lovely wrap....

Ingredients

  • Tortilla wraps
  • Humous 
  • Courgettes (Halved then cut into long slices)
  • Red onion (Sliced thinly/chopped up)
  • Roasted mixed peppers in oil (You can buy these in a jar - drain the oil before you eat them!)
  • Roasted pine nuts and/or pumpkin seeds 
  • Baby spinach


Method
  • Heat the wraps in microwave or oven 
  • Roast the pine nuts / pumpkin seeds on a dry pan
  • Brush the courgettes with rapeseed oil and cook on a grilling pan
  • Spread humous on the wrap
  • Then layer with the other fillings
  • Eat!

And that's it, easy enough isn't it?! I was so excited when I came home after my visit, thinking which of the recipes I might try first, and filing them all away. I even got my hands on Mary's enchilada recipe that I've been after for years! Score! 

Thanks Mary! Xx


8 comments:

  1. Im going to steal that enchilada recipe of ya - I've wanted it for years haha! that and the dip thing she makes.. hmm looks like I will have to make a trip out to see Mary myself soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah, ooh I didn't get the dip recipe! We gotta get our hands on that one! x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing the enchilada recipe..I will have to give it a go for lunch one day. Ohh please (please) do share any other recipes you try, of your Aunts.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had wraps for lunch today. yours look much neater than mine did. i will definitely be trying the bean stew - always on the look out for new bean recipes. thanks, becca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you like the bean stew Becca! I love bean recipes too! :-)

      Delete
  4. Hi Clare,
    I hope you are doing well. Just to let you know I nominated your blog for a blogging award..not sure if you accept them or not..but I just wanted to let you know I think your blog is great :)
    Magie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Magie, I'm doing good thanks, just been busy with work and have a bit of a cold!
      Thanks so much for nominating my blog for an award! I don't think I've ever been nominated for an award before! :-) I'll have to check it out!
      Really glad you like the blog. I think your blog is fab too! x

      Delete
  5. remember we had talked about these when i was over and now i can make them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete