Monday, March 26, 2012

Sweet Fruit Salad


So I am actually counting down the days to Easter now. I mentioned before that I've given up eating & baking cakes for lent but I've also given up chocolate - so as you can imagine life is pretty hard at the moment!




I've been trying to satisfy my sweet tooth with non-chocolate & cake things and the best alternative I've found so far is maple syrup! I love it, it's so sweet and all natural - like natures caramel or something. For a while I started getting up early to make pancakes for breakfast, just so I could smother them with syrup and get a hit of sweetness. But after a while I thought that was just too much bother when all I wanted was the actual  syrup. So, instead of going straight to the bottle I thought maybe I'd put some on a bit of fruit. And that is how I came up with this - my new favourite dessert! And because it's a dessert it's also technically a Monday meal! 


There really isn't much of a method involved, just pick some nice fruit; I think strawberries, blueberries and a Pink Lady apple are the perfect combination. (Make sure you keep the Pink Ladies in the fridge because they are way nicer when they are cold)


 Chop them up and drizzle with maple syrup!



Delicious! It's perfect for the current lovely weather we're having and it's full of goodness. This will keep me going for the next two weeks! 


8 comments:

  1. Ah, something nearly healthy that my children will be willing to eat. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with your willpower, very well done for sticking with it. The fruit does look scrumptious though - a nice way to start and finish the day. Date syrup is good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Choclette, I've never tried date syrup before - must give that a go!

      Delete
  3. A nice and simple fruit salad is always good for all occasions. Fruit with maple syrup sounds very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe, yeah I love fruit salad & this one is my new favourite!

      Delete
  4. I have never tried maple syrup on my fruit salads before..I am going to give this a try, sounds good!
    Lovely blog you have..I am a new follower :)
    Magie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Magie, thanks for following! I'm really enjoying your blog too!

      Delete